Saturday, September 18, 2004

The Accordian Man


The Accordian Man
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
Worked today...first up had to crush a hand full of pills & mix in orange sherbert for one of my "children" there. Thirty minutes later they were still in her mouth. More encouragement...Swallow, swallow. Hour later (finally had to run, give other patients their meds then back to check on her), she nodded she had swallowed them. Open up, I say...only to watch the whole shebang spill over the front of her. Turning into Nurse Ratchet...little nobs budding on my head. Close to calling the Psych dr...not for her, for ME! Rest of the day sped by...and soon I was stopping by a local store for supplies when I noticed great display of Halloween costumes, masks, scarey lights to hang about. Remembering the excitement each year as a kid...What will I be this year? Princess, gypsy, black cat...on & on. Was the one time a year I could smear all the makeup and grease paint I wanted! Would be arrested now, so take pictures of all the little tricksters visiting...and they all beam in THEIR choices!
Wanted to show a special guy (above) who has been around the Plough forever & manages to turn up at most parties. Not many songs he doesn't know...just kind of bows his head for a sec...then fingers start punching buttons with the accordion heaved open wide. Then, he's off on the song. A wonderful character and a gentleman.
Chilly, rainy here...not complaining as the hurricanes have been devastating. Think I'll go give Michael's Boot song site a try now (sorry I referred to it in your blog as Floss! gets confused...ha.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I posted a comment here the other day but it didnt stick for some reason. i like this photo. he looks like he's floating on a wave of musical according to the principals of accordions.

4:46 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Not as confused as me!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home