Wednesday, September 08, 2004

By Golly It's A Small World

Worked yesterday on the Studio 360 "Art of the Letter" mailart piece (for envelopes and/or postcards, I made an envelope), was looking on the Yahoo site for more info & who did I see but Michael's call for FLOSS. Then later on my flickr site & got message saying Luciano had added me as a contact. Went to check out his stuff...and where is he from? Rome, Italy! Also interesting comments re war in Iraq, which I responded to. Later was able to renew Drivers License on the internet, which saved a trip across town. One can only do that once every ten years...then you have to step up to the camera again. Also received a very nice birthday card & cheque from my Mum, but somehow it made me blue to see how frail her handwriting looked.(I am now back to white, thank you). Today my printer yelled at me to get color ink, so off to Staples. Amazes me that it cost more for black ink than color...why is that?! Checked out Roger's site to find THE RECIPE! Printed that off & will let you know how it turns out when I make it. Thank you, Roger! Then a trip to the market for goodies. Plan to stay now as the rain finally found us (from all the hurricanes along eastern coast). Good day to start reading "The Lawrence Durrell Travel Reader"...I've liked some of his other books. Finished "She's Come Undone", by Wally Lamb. A good read if a tad strange. Listening to "I, Jonathan" by Jonathan Rich. We've seen him perform and he gave an excellent, spirited show. Title of song now playing is "I was dancing in the lesbian bar"! Whoa!!! but hey, it's a catchy tune about doing the nightclub scene & realizing what he had walked into. So that's the state of the nation...or at least this little place I call home.

4 Comments:

Blogger hazel said...

Happy Birthday to you .... from us all.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Sylvia
Happy Biiiirthdaaaayyyy toooooo yooooooooooooooo!!!

Enjoy the nut roast. Let me know how it turns out.

XXX

5:13 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Thanks, everyone!!! My first response never showed up...if it does, that's ok too. Roger, will definitely let you know how the Nut Roast turns out.

6:56 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

MIne usually turns out upside down, but with that annoying little scrap that wont shift from the bottom.

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home