Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Chicken Run find


Chicken Run find
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
For those of you who find
those dusty little shops and flea
markets to be splendiforous
treasure hunts...join the hunt!
Not only was this Chicken Run
a fab find, it was grand to know
some child somewhere knew how to
read the thing. I bought it for
collage material but haven't been
able to bring myself to snip at it
yet! In any language, a "make you
smile" book. Another find was Aesop's
Fables...beautiful illustration &
jeepers forgot how good some of the
stories were. Can't forget to mention
"Miss Rumphius", lovely lovely! Realise
that I really need to find more old magazines...pictures & overall quality
were so much better then.
Today, errands in the car except a brisk
walk to post office...couldn't see myself toting a 12 pack of paper towels
and a 10lb bag of dogfood during wind gales! At least felt that way. Now to check blogs,make sure dog, cat, man gets fed, and maybe catch the NY :-(
vs Redsox :-) game!

7 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I need my "charity shop fix" quite regularly or I get very grumpy. The boot sales have sadly fizzled out but glad to say two advertised for next Sunday but they may be the last knockings. If it rains then they certainly will be!
I saw some lovely books in one shop the other day with very collage enducing colour plates but they were so heavy I didnt fancy carrying them all the way home from town (bus is very unreliable) but I had sneaking suspicion that I had them already. No other bargains to report. I am going again today if the rain stops, so who knows what i may find!

3:17 AM  
Blogger Scrapatorium said...

I agree about the older magazines having better material. I just don't like new ones. They bore me. Same old high gloss stuff. Even the ads are blah. A good place to find old magazines is at antique shops. Yes, they won't be 25 cents, but even if you pay $2-5 for one, think of all the fabulous material. Well worth it.

6:59 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Thanks for the advice, Angelica...I know
where I am headed this weekend!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Great! Where is it! I wanna be first in the queue!

3:06 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Fantastic suggestion, Jolly...
I'll certainly check it out and
find out dates!!! Can't beat the
cost or the selections there!
Thanks :-)

4:36 PM  
Blogger Scrapatorium said...

Oh gosh, how could I forget the library sale? The one in Houston is held in a massive convention center once a year. We go on preview night and the last day. We once filled an entire van with books! The last day, you can fill a paper sack for a couple of bucks. Doesn't matter what books you take. That's collage day for me. I've found some rare art and design books there. Michael would go crazy because they also sell music and movies.

7:27 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

This definitely warrants looking
into! Maybe someday I will have
something similar to YOUR "library"
to choose from...but it will
NEVER be that well organised!
Thanks for the leads, everyone!!!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home