Sunday, January 16, 2005

This Can't Be Happening

Well, after all the dust settled, I ended up
getting a new HD with loads of memory...what?
Can't hear you! Evidently the sound isn't working
as even cranked up to deafening, there is this little
whispering noise! Will probably have to return &
replace but not today.
Made a collage for CK...Michael's theme of "SpaceRace"
or "Superstition"...not at all pleased with it but will
have to do for now...will post when flickr is back up.
Reading from "Collage...The Making of Modern Art" by Brandon
Taylor. It's not a "how-to" book but more the history of
collage that one might have as the text used for course.
It's excellent...a gift from Jonathan.
Entered self-protrait on mailart project that will eventually
go to The Scribe in NJ.
Up to the market as we have another winter storm warning
in effect for tonite...wish some of it would blow Archie's way!
Our friend Rick stopped by...living in the beautiful Bershires
these days . He gave us a Warron Zevon CD he had burned with
The Wind & other good songs from the past...GREAT listening.
Our area here looks like a giant kettle of bubbling stew...ingredients
visable for a minute then lost to the bottom of the heap again. With
an occasional stir.
Ed Gieceks site is bringing in really great work for the happy64birthday
bobdylan site, I see! May include one of his inserts for the mail call on flickr as
they were really great in themselves.
Off to do errands now...
What better way to spend a cold blustery day, than by creating something
new...a poem, a picture, a scrapbook, a collage...whatever you fancy!
Take care, all.

7 Comments:

Blogger swapatorium said...

I ordered that very book from Amazon a few days ago Syl. I saw it at a Barnes & Noble, but they wanted much more for it than Amazon. Do you like it so far?

Hope all your computer problems are soon fixed. Can't wait to see your latest collage.

2:36 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hi Snap! Yes, I recommend "Collage". A person seriously involved or interesting in modern art collage needs this information to be articulate in the subject...plus it's just very interesting. Let me know what you think.
I'm not going to put to much work here for a few days, as it will all just have to be redone when I swap the new HD in for one without defects...but I'll keep in touch and definitely be look at your work!
Take care.

5:45 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Good to see you back Syl. Computers eh? I hada terrible day with our two. Both were playing up but the PC was o.k. really. it was me that was faulty! I found the plug had popped out of its socket! Doh!
Its dark down the side where they are plugged in and its like spaghetti junction! Wires everywhere!

3:28 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Hi. Computers? I too had some trouble last week. A blank screen. The computer humming away, the monitor working - but a totally blank screen. It seems okay now, though. The Computer-man said it was probably a build up of static.
I had to turn everything off and then hold the on-off button in for thirty seconds.

Any news on the little collage booklet?

1:56 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Michael...so easy to miss, a plug amoung many...not your fault at all, and thankfully not your computor come beserk. So enjoying your family album...I love looking through scrapbooks and hearing all the stories of adventures past!
Roger...think I've done all the damage I can do to our collage book...so, shall send along tomorrow and totally expect you to redeem!Actually some good laughs there, some good graphics...and hey, was fun! Think when you get it back you will finish it up...keep me posted. Thanks so much for this fun experiment...but have to say I am in awe of yours and Michaels work...my little additions are background, but it was a compliment you asked! Anyway, I thoroughly expect to hear some of your expectations or plans for the year...you asked me and turn about is fair play. Besides, I know you have poems & music in the sidelines...bursting to be heard! Can't wait.
Cheers

7:12 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Music and poetry in the sidelines - bursting to be heard? I can't wait either.
XXX

12:09 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I'm bursting too! ooooh it must have been all that port!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home