Thursday, August 26, 2004

Workday Chaos...but who cares

Lovely, lovely weather here so what to expect? Many callouts at work! Too many patients to give proper care, the care I would expect, so did the best I could. The heathcare system here is so strained. But all my "children" were taken care of and we had our laughs as we each struggled. Now, I collect Popeye & Olive Oyl...and loved Robin Williams & Shelly Duval's portrayal. Maybe not the wonderful voices of yore(Billy ? forget the name), but a rambuncious rendering. Jonathan spoils me with glorious finds & the computor room is filled with them. Jonthan has a collectors dream of LP's but until his player is fixed they lay waiting. Unfortunately, some of them have suffered in storage as Jon moved around but one day we will have a feast. For my part, looking back as I seem to be tonite...British Sea Power was great...and loved Led Zepplin...but admit liking some newer artist. Avril Lavignes' "Nobody's Fool" for example. Think Meatloaf had some of the most powerful songs & deliveries of any one. The Doors...well they speak for themselves. Hate Rap, love Raggae. Anyway, not much to add for tonite...just listening to music...pondering...enjoying Roger's poems. Answering too many emails, but better than the phone! Ordering from catalog for fall...it's WAY too soon but here!

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Hello Syl
My turn to add a comment.
I love your photos of the characters from your area.
and your garden looks lovely.
You do a very difficult job in nursing but I love your positive attitude....keep it up...it is inspiring to read about it.

7:16 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

That last one was actually hazel mascarading as me, the little wretch! She's right ofcourse - nurses do a wonderful thankless job and we are amazed at your dedication and sense of humour working in such conditions! Three cheers for nurses! Hip Hip Hoorah! Hip Hip Hoorah! Hip Hip Hoorah!

3:20 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Thank you, Hazel & Michael, for your nice comments & encouragement!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home