Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Heigh Ho...It's Off to Italy We Go...eventually

Jonathan managed to secure the flight tickets so now my job was to secure a bed. Talked to New York. Talked to Italy. Talked to Cyberspace God who knows all. See-sawed all around but YES! We won't be victims in some plaza. Then called the kennel for Susan's "vacation". Done deed. All that is left is Monday's appointment for Kitty for shots/vaccinations...once done I'll get her set up then...Voila! er...ciao...let's hope we don't have to depend on Jon's or my Italian. But a new place, new culture. Hmmm, actually old place, old culture. I've seen many countries, many times so I quess what I like is that this is somewhere totally new to us both. Still, all said and done, it always feels so good to be back home. Makes me appreciate my little garden & the sunflowers with the birds; our outrageously piled up space with bits of projects here and there....things we just can't throw away. Just a rented house, but my home, as it is. Could be worse. One thing I have learned in my work is that it could be MUCH worse. So now my cell phone is squawking at me & then dinner to make. Had a very terrible Italian beer & warn all to stay away from them. Uck! Tomorrow, then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Great! I'm sure you'll love it. The Italians are'nt renowned for their beer it must be said! The Spritz's were nice. I tried one in venice. Its just wine and fizzy water and ice and lemon but very refreshing after a hard slog around the canals!

5:21 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Mmmm. Sounds like the perfect way to end the day. I'll try one!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home