Monday, November 15, 2004

'oy, Mate...


'oy, Mate...
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
For 2 nites we've watched a Marx Bro's movie...and nodded off before the end!!! Are we sad sacks or what?! Really good lines in it too...oh well. Tonite is Fear Factor. In keeping with that Jon asked me to fix a mushroom, sausage & pasta dish. Oh, he's evil.
Played with the camera & my toys today so tonite Popeye joins us. Ohhhhh...ain't he Hannnnsome!
Letter from my Mum, who makes the envelopes themed with things she knows I like. I'll have to put some on flickr
cause for 70-something, I think she is great!
Snow is melting...should I shovel the remaining away and finally plant those alliums? Can't let them go to waste & winter was rude & came much to quickly!
Tomorrow, if the darn trowel can make a dent in the grown, in they go!
Worked the crossword...had to cheat...OUCH! I feel the words of blasphemy coming my way!
Poor poor Kat isn't eating again...put the food out, throw it away...over & over. Beg and plead in my best cat-talk.
Afraid it's off to the vet again if she doesn't give in in the next day or so.
Fascinated by Snap's "shadows" study...great stuff there.
Looked through Kurt Schwitters collage book...liked it but think I like more figureative than abstract collages, though his are wonderful.
Hate daylight savings time...makes for the endless night & I definitely like sun. What's that song...something about the sun being a red rubber ball?

7 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Which films were you watching? My top five Marx Brothers films in order would be -

1 Duck Soup
2 Horsefeathers
3 Monkey Business (well, the first two thirds)
4 A Day at the Races
5 A Night at the Opera

Just thought you should know.

6:27 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Horsefeathers, I believe...great wit
and fun...was just me that buggered out!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

There was a time when you could count on the Beeb showing at least three or four marx Bros. films over crimbo but they havent for the last couple years to my knowledge. maybe this year we will be lucky. i should have them on video really. I have lots of laurel and hardy, even some three stooges!

3:57 PM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

The Three Stooges... now you're talking...
Why DO women hate The Three Stooges ???

7:56 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Maybe because it's slapstick and doesn't really too much on the interlect as much as the Marx Bros. which is mostly clever word play which women seem to go for? Sylvia must know? Hazel doesnt like slapstick much either.

3:58 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

You know, the Three Stooges is
really rather violent...always poking
each other in the eye or blamming the
other with a frypan! Some funny occurrences
but I get bored easily. Have to say the quips
and double entendres, even the insults are
funny watching the Marx Bro's...and those
guys had talent. Ever see Groucho dancing, doing
those weird things with his legs? Jonathan imitating
him is even funnier! Laurel & Hardy? Kinda dumb but sweet...
That's my take, anyway.

5:19 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Can't seem to keep my
comments short & sweet,
dabnabbit!

5:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home