Thursday, November 11, 2004

The Carousel Ride collage

Remember when you were a kid...going to the circus or fair or carnival...wonderful shapes and smells and excitement all about! Zany hawkers enticing you to their wares...We were so full of dreams then...what? We were Sky King going to the rescue...or Luke, defending the universe...or...the Roadrunner-finally outwitting the latest foe! Where are we now? Anywhere
near what we thought we would be? Well, yes & no...science intrigued me, and my Mum was a multi-time host and supporter of refugees from El Salvador & Nicaragua, and I knew I wanted to be involved. Was able to and now a nurse. Because we travelled, I learned to love different cultures...and knew that would be a part of my life. And it is. Music, art...I've loved and been surrounded with. Even dabble a bit though it's mainly for expression and a certain satisfaction in creating something. Like planting bulbs and watching them grow. Some dreams are still unrealized...but I think that is the way it should be. We all need a dream for tomorrow.
Cheers.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scrapatorium said...

Lovely entry! I also love the merry-go-round collage.

3:20 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Thank you very much, Snap...I
love watching some of the old
beautifully painted carousels.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

We saw a beautiful one at the steam fair in Cheshire in the summer (when i got lost) Hazel and Archie had a ride on it. i took a few photos. Will try and get them blogged to show you.

11:23 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

That would be wonderful, Michael!

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home