Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Noah's Ark Today


Noah's Ark Today
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
Okay...imagine this...you know the world as you know it is coming to an end. When Noah got this message, he immediately started gathering groups of two...procreation. He chose life in all it's many forms. But would that really be your choice today? The Owl in this represents wisdom. The other images represent our icons...the dollar, possessions,today's values as it were.
Well, I'll take a value at some thrift shop or flea market I'll say...but as a nurse I've seen too many cases where possessions were plentiful and it didn't help the situation at all! So I have to say this collage shrieks to me...it is everything that is NOT important. If it were my last day, I would want a walk in the forest, watching birds, the animals frolic...oh sure, Sue would have to be along...dashing about testing the water of the pond...then blasting me with her body shake that equals the tsunami...but dont forget to gather sticks for the campfire...a must! And as we all gather 'round, the music starts. Yikes, now who brought that thing! A Ukelele?!!! But it plays the music that makes me dance. And if the world must be made anew, let it include music, animals, and those dear to us. Forget the rest.

3 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I like your novel and eccentric take on the Noah's Ark theme Sylvia. I did a gouache of the same theme many years ago and I had a shipload of crocodiles which I thought quite fun (it hangs in Archie's room now). It's a subject that can be interpreted any number of ways. I suppose thats why I chose it.

3:53 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Ha! When I first read your first
sentence, I read "novel" as "book"
because I was feeling quilty about
being so wordy! Then re-read...any
chance of your scanning those crocs
for a blog or whatever? Would love
to see it!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Noah would'a been proud!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home