Monday, January 24, 2005

Whiteout 2


Whiteout 2
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
What do ya know...weather forecasters got it right! The blizzard came...and came. Eerie driving into work the first night(spent the night there and was almost a 36 hr deal)...wind whipping snow haphazardly so when one could see, it was almost impossible to tell where the road, the sidewalks, and ditches were...a true white landscape. I felt nervous, aware of the danger, yet found I could maneuver and do well in challenging conditions. During the next 24 hours at hospital, I was so proud of a staff determined to see our patients got the care they needed. Back home, a bit weary but welcomed by Jonathan, life back to normal...not that either of us is normal. He dug out of his spot, only to have someone else run out and place their chair in his spot to reserve it for themself! Back again from errands, for the 3rd time, Jon dug a spot to park. Later, he dropped Kat & me off at the vet as there was nowhere to park, retrieved me...then walked to the Plough! A totally pleasant walk, he informed me...with lots of comments on his new "wooly hat".
Well, Archie surely would have found use for his sled here...maybe one day.
Meantime, no chestnuts to roast, Michael (OH, you did make them sound yummy)...but perhaps one Irish coffee to warm the spirits, a hearty meal to come as we watch Fear Factor...and all is cozy enough.
Take care all!

3 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Sounds lovely. Cosied up round the fire with thick snow outside.We have a wood-burning stove - but haven't used it this year yet - it's not really been cold enough.

Jill's in London today until tomorrow.So I'm all on my lonesome. Currently making a new book with my InDesign programme for younger readers. It's a bit tricky but I seem to be getting the hang of it. Michael's going to do some illustrations for it.

(Peers out of window) Nope! Still no snow. Lots of blue tits round the peanuts though. And a pheasant peering up at the window as if to say - Come on! How about some more seed.

11:12 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Good luck on your new book, Roger...
and who better to illustrate than
Michael! I'm sure it will be brilliant

12:22 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I am doing those illustrations- honest! It takes me a while to get going though. I've been distracted by all sorts of things this weekend- lookin g at concservatories, giggling james and archie around, new camera to fiddle with etc. Archie is off school today with a nasty cough and a temperature so expect i shall be up and down the stairs like a yo-yo, with water, talking books, cough mixture,nibbles,calpol etc.

4:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home