Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Happy Easter collage

Well, doesn't matter if you celebrate Easter...I mean, we're talking bunnies here! Actually, Easter is a special time for me...and I wanted to show acknowlegement but not offend. But does seem strange in March!
So...oh let me tell you, the sun was shining and all systems GO! Over to the accountant...yep, couldn't put off the tax man any longer. Then grabbed my camera and walked...shopped...everyone and his dog was out! PALE people, I'm telling ya! But all smiling like they won the lotto. Into the market I go...poked my head into the peppers and snap...snap...snap. Guy that stocks the place, and oh so well, must have thought I was from the Drug and Food Administration...kept nodding his head and smiling a worried little smile. Hit the salad bar...yummy stuffed grapeleafs, curried rice, and enough variety to satisfy all.
Home to collage and put on some pics...well, if you are into mailart, who else but Ray Johnson would bring the bunny to mind. Was lucky enough to catch one of his shows in NYC. And see the movie How To DRAW A BUNNY. Wonderful but sad. I think the stress of being an artist...the ability to see so much more than the common lot like me...has caused the suicide of too many gifted souls. But strangely their work so often has such vitality! Anyway, a little sun goes a long way. And there's work waiting on us. So, wherever you are...enjoy the rays. Spring is sneaking in...take yer Allerest and smile!

8 Comments:

Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Nice collage Syl... I made a special "Easter" carving and we sent a few cards out that I made with my little "egg basket" carving. I wish I could have maild out more of them, but I ran out of energy!

12:45 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Spring cleaning. Hazel is doing lots of it. Trying not to buy too many eggs this year but Archie expects at least 2. Last year he had so many they lasted until the Summer!
I enjoyed the "How To Draw A Bunny" DVD , courtesy of Angelica. I still don't know why he commited suicide though? A bit of a mystery still. Some lovely work and interesting insights into his life.
Have a surprise packet to send you Syl. Something we found at the boot sale on Sunday. Will pop it in the post tomorrow.

3:06 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Ed, what a great idea, your easter basket! Oh, don't know how you get out as much quality work as you do! Take care of you...and hope Easter is a lovely day for you and yours.
Michael...our intentions were good but we've only managed two rooms being properly cleaned. Next comes the dining room...and thinking about washing several hundred PEZ doesn't appeal. Poor little guys, we'll get to ya.
As for Ray J...there was underlying depression to be sure...but his suicide was well orchestrated...numbers involved...timing. Supposedly, last seen swimming the back stroke...did some "performance" go terribly bad? Guess we'll never really know. There was a young artist here Jon & I both liked...went to see his brilliant retrospective at MIT...shortly afterwards, committed suicide. I was able to find an unusual print of his and bought it. Not my fav but interesting never-the-less. I just wanted something he had done. Name was Gregory Gillespie. Just happy there is so much good work out there...a feast for me. Including your collages. And thank you for showing us some of your oils. Double nice treat. So, Happy Easter to you, Hazel, and Archie from us both. If he only gets 2 eggs, I hope the easter bunny makes them gorgeous. Oh, jon just handed me a book on Ray J...called Lightworks. He says if there is anything from Mark Bloch or PanMan, there might be insight. Maybe the library could get a copy?
So...cheers ....and, Hazel, still have a goody for you. Way late...will try to send soon.
Niters, all.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I tried to leave a comment on Ed's Dylna blog about your nice enevelope but it wouldnt let me for some reason so leaving it here. Nice envelope!
Archie has two eggs alreaDY and the easter bunny hasnt been yet!

5:01 AM  
Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Yeah Syl... A great envelope for Dylan. "One More Cup'a Coffee" has always been one of our favorite Dylan tunes. I still like the original version with Emmy Lou Harris... She messes up on the first line of the corus and they just keep on going! (old one-take Dylan...)

1:48 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Thanks Michael and Ed. Not only am I a Dylan fan but I think your site is such an exciting one...and well done! hard work I bet too!.
Two eggs and counting, is it Michael? Hope you don't have monster fingers from the dye! Easter is such a great day. Peace and sunshine to you both!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Gee Whiz has arrived. Looking good. What shall I put on it to mark your contribution Syl?
Name? Address? E-mail? Blog? Let me know.

Another sunny day here - and the back lawn's now mown, too.
Happy Easter y'all.

12:58 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Happy Easter and Happy Spring to you and Jill, Roger!
I love the scent of newly mown grass...it conjures up images of lazy walks, taking time to see each new flower, nests with new hatchlings, long sunny days. Besides, you can see it better without all those weeds about!
Just use "sylvia...sometimes" for name, and the equivalent address to what you and Michael are using. Wonderful to work with each of you, even to get the newly decorated envelope each time.
Will keep the eyes pealed for the done deed! D-d-d'at's all, folks!

2:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home