Monday, March 28, 2005

Michael Leigh Beatles collage postcard

So, the rain poured down and the poor postman delivered a very wet packet. Globs of junk and whatever, but the eyeballs zeroed in on this distinctive USA label...could only be...Michael Leigh! Well, blow me away, a packet full of surprises...Popeye book, mailart piece, and this postcard from Michael's Beatles collage. Well, my comments are on flickr so click on the picture and not only see a brilliant pic but also a link to a must-hear George Harrison tune. Thanx to Michael.
Land line down..cut me right off, it did, in middle of fiddling about on line. Thankfully, Jon was painting and offered up his connection. Back in business to post a few of today's goodies. Yesterday, sunny and a perfect day to spend with his family. His Mum makes me right at home...and good eats galore there. Fun day! But, Jon has managed to share his cold with me...drippy nose, two heads today. The weather said gotta wait for Spring again. So was moping about...hack hack...when I received this from Michael. Good timing and excellent pick-me-up. Now go listen to the music...sing...who cares if you sound like a gargling goose!
Cheers all!

7 Comments:

Blogger Ed Giecek said...

That is a great postcard from Michael alright. Must'a been a great Beatle'z party that night. You never know who might show up to a bash like that! Click Here

11:17 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

so which is your favorite Beatle, Ed? Toss up between John and George for me!

8:45 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

I'd have to go for John- with Geoerge a close runner-up.

But I like Paul too.

And Ringo. Ringo was an underrated drummer.

Gee Whiz is nearly done.

5:55 PM  
Blogger Ed Giecek said...

Don't fergit Billy Preston...

5:55 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

keyboard. He got right left out of the glory! Know what really strikes me? So many one-time great song new groups...but whoa! NOTHING out there that stands up to time. Long time dry spell.

8:36 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

lapsing into red indian there Syl? Long time dry spell! Heap big rain needed!
Glad you like the Beatles postcard. It annoyed me so much that Boomerang dismissed it as it seemed a good tribute on their 40 years since first Number One record that I just had to make it happen - thanks to Cheshire County Council etc. who came to my rescue so timely. I guess I liked John and george the best too- certainly there music and songs. I find Paul rather too soppy with all those awful songs he lumbered them with on occasion like The Long and Winding Road, Yesterday, Ob la Di Ob la Da etc.
Just been watching the first few Anthology DVDs that someone sent me which are great and make the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end even now!

6:41 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

ah, Michael...been sick. Wiped out by the Giant Eraser Syndrome. Avoid at all cost. Personally think Boomerang missed out big time. Their loss, and cool you pursued it because it absolutely depicts their energy and fun.
And no new groups to catch the attention for more than a song or two. Pitiful!
How's the conservatory coming along? Hazel must be more than ready for her new space!
Loving the ATC's I've been seeing! Eventually hope to get a fav from each participant...and then maybe frame the collection. But have to shake the stick an do some worth a trade myself! Jon hopped right in and is, as I type, "shopping" for trades.
Watching the movie on Robin Williams now...some of 'is work is brilliant. Ooooh, Anthology's. Not for the wimpies of the world. Oh man, I get nightmares just thinking about that stuff!
Always good to hear from you! Hugs to all. Keep in touch.

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home