Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Street scenes around Somerville

Attention! I have escaped! Camera on the ready, I am creeping along the streets...not trudging, not slipping & sliding...what?! Overnite the snow is gone and a winters worth of trash has emerged on the streets. Slobs...but the Mighty Streetsweepers have emerged from hibernation. That means you better not be on their side of the street or $25 fee to say Welcome to Spring. Yep, a few blokes were a bit slow...hope they wake up or next time they will be towed. We, however, had sun fever and took to a walkabout...Mr. Space eyes in this pic had materialised.
Well, had to hit the garden...cleaning and gleefully seeing a whole new town of people popping up...color returns!
Trying to work on ATC cards...such exciting ones offered in Collage Kids. Having a darn hard time trying to formate in this smaller scale...I love to enlarge and hit that canvas with colors and shapes I fancy. So I struggle.
Started new book...Memoirs of a Geisha...a true account of a life in a culture that still exists...but another world. For some reason, I am always hungry for knowledge and experience of the different. Translate "yep, she's antsy again!"
Well, that's the travails of the day...but hey, you have yer own!
What's happening your way? Did you even notice your day? Make it happen.

5 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

I will then. Yes... right. I'll go and make it happen right now...

(exits determinedly)

4:20 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Oh, I do love a man who speaks with authority!...er, Roger, that was the closet door!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Whoops!

I'll...um... er... try the proper door then...

9:19 AM  
Blogger swapatorium said...

That was a good book. Read it a while back. If you like the unusual and bios, check out The Secret Life of the Lonely Doll, The Search for Dare Wright. She was a photographer and a strange one at that, but I loved the book. If you liked the documentary Grey Gardens, you'll love this!

9:38 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Roger, backing out of that closet, entangled in ties and Jill's robe, was an excellent start. The giraffe slippers might have been a tad over the top but I have confidence. Is that the banjo I hear?
Snap...adding that book to my Must Have/Read list...sounds intriguing...just my kinda stuff. Thanks!!!

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home