Saturday, July 30, 2005

Life is a Puzzle


Life is a Puzzle
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
It is, indeed, and I certainly have nae grand answers...just know it goes on, so here we are. Brilliant day to start, only to see the fire trucks finishing up a burntout property. Now, it's under construction and supposedly no one there...so who started the fire? Suspicious! Later to Japanese Miso Ramen. Tasty. Funny, we had this sudoku puzzle...fellow next to us was from Australia/England/Boston...just salivating for a go at it. He did swell and it was a fun lunch. Later, home improvement time. Light fixtures to be replaced...stairways to be again made safe. Jonathan was brilliant. Never swore, least that I heard! So night comes, and somehow appropriate to listen to John Lennon "Acoustic". To me, "Working Class Hero" shows such insight...I mean, he's made millions by then and yet feels the conflict of his upbringing and world just a few years before. Anyway, "Imagine" now plays...brilliant. Peace...well, it seems hard to come by. I think, in todays world of communication, that we can make it happen. There is just no excuse for it to be otherwise. I guess what I am really saying is there is a world out there...we each live in it...let's help each other so that it is a good life for us all.
Wherever you are...scratch the dog, feed the cat, and give a hug to someone.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Funny that.

My daughter, Kate and grandchildren (2 and 4) have just left after a weekend visit. (I'm knackered - it was lovely but keeping up with those energy levels!)
She was doing a sudoko book and so we had a go. I messed up my first effort.
Jill's asleep on the sofa. So I thought I'd download a few puzzles to try. Which I did.
Then I read this blog...

10:57 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

lol, Michael...Mr. Flannel, is it! I guessed you guys had slipped away to Norway! Too bad, the rain, but I remember Hazel's pictures from previous trips there. I had just always imaged Norway as being cold, icy, snowy. Her pictures showed beautiful green country! Sure it was a fab fun trip. And Jon tells me you've just arrived home...welcome and xxx

9:02 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Good to see you've been as tardy with your blog as me. We're off to France tomorrow. Will blog you (and Mr Flannel no doubt) upon our return in three weeks time.

XXX

7:48 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Roger, I've been totally lax...Aha! France! Bon voyage, monsier...and will miss you terribly. Have a fab holiday, and don't be forgetting your camera and writing pad. Treats in store for us all. Take care!

7:52 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Blasted spammer! You've already shown your ethics...goodbye!

4:47 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I had the same trouble Syl. You just click on the little dustbin symbol under the spam and Hey Presto! its gone!

3:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home