Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Let's Dance!


Let's Dance!
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
Well...somewhere out there in gaga land is my last blog! so here we go again...and you KNOW it's got to be about music cuz that's what gets those feet going and makes you smile. Michael Leigh aka wastedpapers aka Al...check out the blog. He always has fun downloads. Or you could check out bigaldavies for original uke tunes one keeps humming.
July 4th came...nah, we didn't make it to the esplanade. Sat quite comfortably at home and watched. During the 1812 Overture we pretty much were awed by the music and the accompanying fireworks. Spectacular this year and we would mute the sound to hear the actual bings and bangs sounds easily heard here.
Jon was going for a bike ride...his bike needing repair and was going to take mind. Nope...not happening! NO tire repair kit and nothing open. He remedied that today so back in business.
Ed Giecek emailed to say he has a CDRom for documentation of his Bob Dylans 64 birthday project...should have copies sent out soon after Michael checks it out.
Out walking...taking pics and down the road zooms a guy...no hands...all is good. He catches my camera and such a cool grin. Life whizzes by and is good.
SOOOO many interesting mailart calls out there...and really finding it hard to find the time. Priorities...hate 'em sometimes. BUT, Jon says there is to be a mailart performance in Somerville by Geof Huff soon. Will try to photograph his performance.
Meantime the pigeons murderized my sunflowers at the birdfeeder...trying to find a way to steal the seed. Pretty cool actually to watch them turn their heads this way and that trying to defeat the weight setting. It's set so only light wgt birds can feed.
As for collage...Michael presented this month's challenge for collage kids. Thus we have "Let's Dance". I have to say I can't even imagine floating along like he did...but Fred Astaire always amazed me.
Poems...I only write such silly things...but I do write with reaction to what I see/hear. Good for anyone to do! Catharsis? yep...but I think anyone can write and it is worthy. Why? Because it reflects your world...what is happening...it is a picture in words.
Well...hope you offer words that give us a glance at your world.
Til then...take care.

6 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

I'm tired. It's late. Off to beddybyes. Just called to say Hi! G'nite.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I'm tired. Its early. Archie just off to chester zoo with the school. The sun is peaaking through the leaves of the lilac tree.
I got Ed's great CD doc. of the Dylan birthday celebration and its great. Lots of stuff to look at and to listen to. I could only see it on a PC though and i think Ed wants it to be Mac compatible too so maybe he's still working on it? Definatley worth the wait though.

3:22 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Awww...lots of tired fellas around!
Roger, lovely you dropped by. xxx

Michael...Ed said he had sent you one to test out. Can't wait to get mine (once you give the high five?).

Just happy some of my favorite people are safe and sound. Loveing your poems, Roger, and your pics & collages always give endless entertainment, Michael. Oh! Please say "hi" to Angelica from me.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Heck!!!
I've still got my Dylan stuff for Ed - not quite finished.

I must do it. I must. I must.

Syl - is that your picture on left? The second one down - not the top?

6:18 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

LOLOL, Roger! The frog?!!! I must put on my makeup!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

You've changed the pics!

7:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home