Monday, August 22, 2005

I Ain't Pink Floyd


I Ain't Pink Floyd
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
It's been forever since I blogged...blame it on the hazy days of summer! Oh... guess me glasses needed cleaning!
Listening to the Kinks...as Jon just bought an old CD. I'm likeing the lyrics to Yo-Yo, he's on to Destroyer...paranoia!
Well, after much back and forth discussion over where to take our holiday, we just decided Montreal. All booked and bleeding already from the prices but oh fun! The Musee de Beaux Arts, the Botanical Gardens, art galleries and museums...shopping, did I mention shopping? : ) Ah, the Latin Quarter...fooood...musique...eeekkk, the Insectarium! So yes, I am ready!
Around here, If I don't water the garden it won't rain, quaranteed, so I soak it all and get soaked by the unexpected thunderstorm. Mother Nature, are you playing with me?
Working on collages...my mailart output has been neglected lately. Darn, have to talk to God about why he made a day only 24 hours!!! If you have any God complaints, send them to me as a lists is soon to soon go out. God, Allah, whoever you speak to...Peace. This little world sure needs it.
Sigh...holidays...they are gone before you before you've pulled up the blanket and said good night.
Wherever you are...the loo is further than you think. Prepare. ; )

9 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Hi Syl, just getting back into the swing of things after our holiday in Norway (see blog). Its nice to be back but what a lot of catching up to do! hence my rather tardy response to your blog and others. Weve had visitors too. Jackie from wales was here for a few days and we had to show her the sights, sounds and smells (ooh that farmyard!) of Cheshire.
Now we are three again and time to add some photos to Flickr and delete all the damned spam thats been building up etc.
Montreal eh? sounds like a fascinating place. Have a great time and take lots of photos- I'm sure you will! Try not to loose them like I did! Still looking. Clever nerdy folk at Flickr have told me where to look but I have the attention span of a gnat so most their help flew over the cuckoos nest I have for a brain!
Keep up the good work!

3:39 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Michael, just read about boot sale songs. Disappointed but yes, feedback is much needed to make things more fun and worthwhile. But I'll be checking your blog or pleaing for your entertainment on MY blog and flickr, cuz you always come up with something great! Your holiday to Norway sounded successful-wow, some beautiful landscapes there! Even if you occasionally got wobbly knees peering over 40-foot drops! Take care, you three! Jon says hi also.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Nan said...

Hi Sylvia, I hope you don't mind a stranger popping in. I found your comment at Michael's and clicked and here I am. I just wanted to tell you how much I love the collage. It's beautiful. Cate

5:20 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Glad you dropped by, Cate! Most of my work makes a statement, just the way it happens. But I am glad you just liked the image. Thanks for your kind comments and hope to see you again.

7:58 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

Hazel said..(I can't sign in for some reason!!)
Hi Sylv...really hope you enjoyed your trip to Montreal...please put photos on here as I can't imagine what its like there?..Shopping sounds good though..thats one thing thats not so good in Norway..the prices...so it feels great to shop when you come back as it all looks so cheap here!
I thought I would get more time on my Blog this summer..but organising holidays and cleaning the house for guests takes up so much time...still it was good to have a sort out...you can sit on all the chairs at the moment as they arn't piled up with work.It won't last.
keep well...hi to Jon too x

7:38 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hi Hazel...great to hear from you. Loved the pics of Norway-it looks so different from what I imagined. Will try to get lots of shots from Montreal & Ottawa-my first trip there. Sigh...summer is almost over! Take good care. Jon sends a hug.

10:52 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

I cant sign in either so will just go under the pseudynym of Crusher McKneegrasper. Just back from an eventful day in Wales (see blog). Hope you have a great time in Canadada.

5:04 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hahahah!!! love your new name. You have no idea how great it sounds..."Oh, let's pop over to Wales today!". Lucky you. We leave for Montreal on Monday, 19 Sept. Besides the art museums, I especially look forward to the Botanical Gardens and Insectatorium. Jonathan is already groaning at the idea of shops & more shops...but admits they are good there. Now, a map might help!
Take care, you three! XXX

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the 19th.. o.k. I will get my big swag bag ready.

3:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home