Monday, September 05, 2005

Riding High


Riding High
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
Well, fiddlely dee and fiddlely dum...What a day! We must not be the most observant people because yesterday we were burglarized...and didn't realize it until today. Doh. Jon noticed the contents of his carryall were dumped into a chair. "What the h***!!!" Then realized the carryall was gone...then the cameras...change jars, etc. Strange because more expensive items-computers, art, silver were here. Obviously they went for the smaller stuff they could dump into the bag. It wasn't until I called the police and reached into my larger handbag that I realized my wallet & contents were dumped all inside. Yep...credit cards. I usually use a smaller bag and the wallet doesn't fit. I just carry drivers license and debit card. So you know what I've been doing the last few hours...frantically calling. Turns out they have charged $700 already on one card!!! In a town 15-20 miles away. OHHHHH! I hope they get them. Thankfully I found out I have fraud coverage but that's not the point. Our home feels violated. And was this just a quick one time occurrence...or now they know what is here, will they be back. AND, we leave for holiday in 2 weeks. Just won't feel at ease the whole time. Well, I don't want to be totally down here...we are having brilliant weather and walkabouts to enjoy. Thankfully, New Orleans is getting help now...and from so many different areas that it makes one feel good. There is an auction that is doing well, where I and many more offered up art/autographed photos, etc...proceeds to the ARC. People all over our country are pitching in. So when I consider our little loss, it doesn't weigh much...considering. Our news here is giving primary coverage to Katrina's devastation...little on Iraq. Surely, it must be as dreadful as ever. Hopefully some progress being made there. Our world seems so turned upside down. Or maybe I should have my glasses changed. Where ever you are, I hope you are safe and happy.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:19 PM  
Blogger hazel said...

Hi syl..just read Jon's Blog and left a comment..I can't believe the cheek of some people.. bloomin burglars...they did that in Lambeth Walk once...emptied out my suitcase and put the fax machine into it..they had to cut the wire as it was plugged in through a partition wall...!!
Glad to hear your credit cards are covered...Jon said they stopped for a doughnut....hope they ate a lot and are too big to run away from the police.

11:35 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Hi Hazel! Can you imagine someone going to all that trouble...and the best place they can think of to eat is at a donut shoppe?!
BTW, your new studio is looking totally great. Finally you can enjoy!

10:40 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Colombo would track them down for sure- that tell tale trail of donut crumbs is a dead give-away!
Hope they catch the robbing b@%$&**s and you get your stuff back.
The fax machine wasnt ours by the way- it was the idiots downstairs who always left the front door open. Serves them right!

3:44 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Well, Michael...if they come back and clear out the hall closet, I might even leave them a tip!
BTW, that's some mailart project you've taken on...lot of collages for that calendar!!! But your work is top notch...and if they should go on sale, I'll get one. So far, the ones you have done are,as always, top notch. Show more as you do?

5:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Sylvia;

I'm a new reader. I'm sorry you got robbed. There are some real dirt bags out there. Donuts!? If I robbed someone, I'd at least go out for Chinese. They don't sound like the brightest bulbs on the tree; they'll get caught.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Thanks Syl. All the september collages are in a special place now at Flickr. Whats it called? A group or a set or something? A set- yes that sounds right. I dont think they will be for sale just a copy for each participant.

3:56 AM  
Blogger Ed Giecek said...

So sorry to hear you got burgled! How scarry. Do take care! --ed

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home