Friday, May 13, 2005

Bleeding Hearts


Bleeding Hearts
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
So, today was one of wonderful breezy days. Decided to check out the garden here first, and the bleeding hearts were bloody near down to the grown they were so loaded! Guess they like their spot, right under the lilac tree. Lilacs are just breaking out...oh lovely scent so opened up the windows hoping to fill the house with their fragrance. Unfortunately, the poor old Sue (corgi) beat 'em out. Walked around a bit, snapping pictures...actually had a man who came up telling me where all the best flowers were. I love this neighborhood. Jon was through with errands about then so bopped over to our favorite Japanese soup restaurant. These people are yummy good and always busy, so while waiting I checked out the aquarium. WOW, blow-fish in there, about the size of a small wadded fist. Little guy had these big round eyes...kept following me around...and an almost human little mouth. Looked almost like it was talking to me...probably saying, "Beat it, Lady!". So, soups on...Miso Ramen for me. Bowl is practically the size of a washtub! No way to ever finish, but we read the local mags, leisure time, and manage to do some damage. Afterwards stopped to look at nearby Japanese grocer. Ummmm, octopi, anyone? Great packaging tho on candy. Colourful, cool stuff. Jon then decided to walk to the pub, and I ran errands...bought some sneakers which was like...what's going on here?! Have a skinny foot that seems to have had a growth spurt. I mean it may come down to wearing ski's!
Back home to hear from my flickr friend in UAE whose photos are amazingly stunning. Also, great to hear from Snapatorium aka Swapatorium. One classy lady who has more energy than your local nuclear power plant. Coincidence, since I had just posted her a card today.
Superstitious? Friday the 13th...oooooooo! Nah, it was a lovely day. Hope your luck held out too!
Wherever you are...it's more fun to boogie!

7 Comments:

Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Had a very good 13th thank you. Possibly because I hadn't realised it was the 13th until it was all over.
Had some good news on my new children's book. The publisher liked it and wants to look at developing it into a three book series. Wow!
No promises, mind - but Wow! anyway.

We're running a treasure hunt tomorrow for around 12 friends. They're going to be wandering around the countryside for two or three hours following a trail leading them to the Secret Casket of Sidegate Cottage.

Hope the weather improves. Mis and rainy today. The hunt is really an excuse for a walk. It was fun working it all out. I had a map with all the local footpaths on it. As I wandered about I saw a herd of deer, lots of pheasants and rabbits, squirrels and even a peacock - although that was in someone's garden.

7:41 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

What a fantastic way to spend time with friends, Roger! Love the idea...and if you spotted all this wildlife, then they are sure to too! Rousing good time, it sounds!
Well now...am I impressed or what...3 book series, is it?! Good luck, but I think I should be saying "Talent aptly rewarded!". I so enjoy your poems...I really do hope this works out. But you are one busy man...still waiting on that CD...play the one I have and it just brings the hugest smile! Ok,'nuff laud here...no neighbors, you say?!!! Living in one of the most densely populated areas in the US here...not complaining, you see, as these people are from everywhere and immensely interesting! But...I do envy the gardens and green of the land. Happy walkabout tomorrow then. But is there a surprise at the end?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Good news indeed! Hazel always has much better "4 days" than I do.(1±3=4) So glad you all aren't as superstitious as me!
Those flowers look great. Our garden is looking very green and lush at the moment despite Archie's attempts to burn it down with his magnifying glass!

4:46 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Ah, Michael...we were talking today about all the crazy things we did as kids. No houses burned down yet! And we survived. We are either very determined or very lucky!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Syl. New reader here. Sounds like you had a nice evening.

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This will be AUCTIONED OFF
on eBaby Baby Baby Lemonodd
as Bryan MaClean Key to the
Universe Ray Johnson Door to
The Floor with your persimmon.
TOO LATE!
Thain'ks
rain-rien nevermind
hedgehawks anonymouse

7:59 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Pam...glad to see you! Hope you enjoy!

Anonymous...whaaaat?!

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home