Sunday, May 22, 2005

Jon playing


Jon playing
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
Ya know, sometimes it works out right. Our friend stayed over...in from the Berkshires. And soon off to Brazil and Colombia. Always a treat...and you know there is gonna be singing. No sooner than the dinner plates are toted off the guys are at it and I, with trusty camera in hand, settle in. Stories start...our friend will be acting as interpretor for tribal rituals, of which he has been welcomed and initiated by locals in these exotic if troubled countries. Rick blogs and he's under "junglejerk"...eventually there will be pictorial and dialogue of his fascinating journies. Check it out sometime. But stories lead to music and that's the way the nite ended. As you can see under comments from this pic, Jon eventually took the guitar. You're Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go". Great song on it's own but he sings it the way it should be. Finally I have to leave it to them...work at 5AM tomorrow. Later, trip to the nursery for fill-ins in the garden. Then to Concord for sausage cooked in Cognac...for dinner. Then off to see Jon's mum for her birthday. The Mother is all akilter from massive work being done on the house. But she's cool...didn't raise this lively family without knowing how to handle the next "emergency". Time to leave...raining yet again...arrrrgh. Decided we wanted Pork Pies for dinner instead. Well, sorry...we drove every where...CLOSED. Decided what the heck...Armenian would do. So beamed in on an old Armenian store and later feasted on stuffed grapeleaves, hummus, eggplant, and the equivalent of little meat pies. Unloaded and unloaded the car. Why do we alway end up with twice as much as we left with. Later, watched a few Britcoms...Keeping Up Appearances...Are You Being Served? Never tire of the humour there. Getting late...Listening to Warron Zevon. So much left to do. But isn't that the way it is? Tomorrow, rain or shine, I need to...well, you know how it is! Til then...wherever you are...stay safe. We need you 'round.

9 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Nice pic of Jonathan on the old geetar. And some others I see at the side i will have to visit Flickr for.
Sounds like a nice sociable evening. Shame you had to go to bed early Syl. getting up at 5am is tough. Hazel winces at the mere mention of getting up at 6a.m.!
I dont mind. Its a fact that you need less sleep as you get older. More cat naps but less sleep! I suppose it evens out- kind of.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

They say we need less sleep - but it feels to me like we need more. I would regularly stay up all night when I was a student with no ill-effects. Now when I stay up late I feel wrecked the next day.
And getting up at 5 isn't my favourite way to start the day. Although when it coincides with Dawn it does have its compensations.

Have I mentioned Dawn before?

4:55 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Oh you fickle man...First it was Eve who enticed you through so many nights...now you've tossed 'er aside for Dawn. Sooner than you think Miss Twilight will appear. I do hope you send her on her way!

9:59 PM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Didn't dawn used to go out with Tony Orlando?
Sorry for passing on the musical baton to you Syl. I dont really know that many folk with blogs who mention music on a regular basis surprisingly.

2:57 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

You're right, Michael...Tony Orlando and Dawn...a 2 female backup group. Didn't really listen to most of his music...but he did have a following.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Yeah - and what a noisy following it was. Listen, people would say, it's the dawn chorus...

7:39 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Aw, Michael, not sure what I'll do with the Baton! Most of my music is given to me by friends in a band...I am not sure how to link music as only send as email attachment. Oh we play all our old favs, Jon & I, but it's not a flickr thing. And you know my taste is just everywhere! Will do what I can.
Meanwhile...Roger?!!! um, you did mention some upcoming music? Actually thumping toe...cuz I know it's coming.
It's late...and I think I hear rumblings from the wall...or maybe someones tummy.
Cheers all. Hope all is well.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zevon... RIP

6:59 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

anon...recently heard his Hula Hula Girl...somehow missed it before. fantastic.

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home