Thursday, August 03, 2006

Fiddling around


Fiddling around
Originally uploaded by Sylvia...Sometimes.
So, after a long interlude, here I am...yeah, been fiddling around...
Here, lots of good music...local arts festival...Hey, what's that music?! Someone is playing a fiddle...sweet, I mean...like you're body is jigglin and those feet doing the 2 step & ya didn't even know how! If you like cajun, bluegrass, appalachian ground roots music, listen to the link Art Nahpro put on...guaranteed!
Holy Schomolly...the garden's gone Kaboom all at once! Well, we've either been steaming or paddling here...nuttso weather...just need to be a nudist and carry a big umbrella!
Finally finally a brilliant day...head off to Plum Island Nature Reserve...armed with old 35 Minolta SR T 102 camera & MD 75-200/45 zoom lens. Carrying the big guns...well to me. Going for birds & butterflies. Wouldn't you know those birds must have been 201 cause it wasn't happenin. Someone had a telescope set up on some bird though that made it look like it could peck you on the nose. Ok Ok, so it's going to be butterflies...oh, and they were gorgeous & plentiful. Shot up a roll in no time and folks let me tell you...I KNOW there are some once in a lifetime pics in there. Well, outta film & eyeballing now considered dinky little digital camera & decide what the heck...let's go swimming in the ocean. No, of course we hadn't dressed for it! No stopping this lady...cool, cool, more cool. Jonathan used sense & just walked the beach & climbed over stones alongside me. Let me say I was reminded on the walk...long walk...back to the car, that sand has a way of getting into all kinds of unmentionable places...think sandpaper! Almost dry back at the car so decide to head back to the mainland for lunch at Michael's restaurant...overlooks the harbour. Hide your eyes & cover your ears, all ye true veggans! I ordered a 1 1/2 lb lobstah! Out comes a Caesar Salad big enough for a meal on it's own...take a few bites and deligate to Jon...cause hot hot steamy fresh rolls just came up. Get off 2 bites then here comes big boy! Ready for him! Only...next to him is piled haricot verdes & julienne steamed carrots. Take a bite...ahhhhh. Excellent! But I know is either the lobster or them....I reach for the nut cracker. Out comes a platter of onion rings to die for. Mouth just sorts gapes about then...How, I mean HOW do they think anyone could eat all that? Do they think people have washtubs for bellies?!!! That was it...settled back for a nice glass of Pino Grigio & just watched the sunset.
Time to head back home...drop off the film so can be picked up one hour later...soooooo excited I will have some really cool images to share with you. Turns out the film was for *&1@X*!!! slides!!! Jon had been taking some for his work resume & forgot that was what was in the camera. And film was Kodachrome, which can't even be developed here. Has to be mailed to Timbuktu practically for development....then made into prints. Well, S**T happens...whatcha going to do...anyway, got trip coming up to UK...been way too long since I was there so that is what I am working on now...A flickr friend was just in London and found so many new awesome sculptures & must see things that I can't wait!
And that's the way it is in Boston tonight...
Wherever you are...Peace. Good Music. Good Laughs to you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Good to see you back blogging Sylvia. never tried lobster I must admit - not one for sea food ( the see food and eat it diet) but we did have some nice prawns and salmon and tuna kebabs yesterday over the charcoal in the garden. Lots of smoke but they tasted lovely in the open air as the sun went down. I have heartburn this morning so I'm paying for my over indulgence!

5:43 AM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

Oh, cook-outs! Perfect for this weather & it does feel good to have a leisfurely meal in the open air.
Wow, the 12 pages of collages is some kind of contribution...much hard work involved, am sure...but wonderful results you had. Which reminds me I still owe you a return packet from the last you sent! Time to get cranking here...have a good day, Michael.

5:56 AM  
Blogger Wastedpapiers said...

Got one here for Jonathan- a late birdbath pressie and card. I will pop it in the post tomorrow.

4:18 PM  
Blogger sylviasometimes said...

He will be thrilled, Michael...and I will be sitting on my hands & staring a hole in it til he gets home & opens! ;-)

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home